Serverspace has added a feature to automatically deploy CentOS 8.1 and Ubuntu 20.04 operating systems with the x64 architecture using ready-made templates on Cloud servers. At the same time, you can still install older OS versions on servers, like Ubuntu 18.04 and CentOS 7.7.
What’s new in CentOS 8.1
- Modified packages, including yum, anaconda, httpd, dhcp, grub2, and kernel;
- New FRRouting Protocol stack with support of BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, PIM, and RIP;
- Support for block device re-encryption using the LUKS2 specification;
- New udica tool which generates SELinux security policies for containers, etc.
Ubuntu 20.04 innovations
- Hardware support for two-factor authentication when connecting via SSH;
- Latest updates for PHP 7.4, MySQL 8.0, NGINX 1.17, Python 3.8, etc.;
- WireGuard VPN support;
- Release of updates and security support of the current version for 5 year period and more.
For a full list of changes, see the official Ubuntu blog.