New Debian 12 "Bookworm" OS Template
Cloud provider Serverspace has added the new Debian 12 "Bookworm" operating system template. Now, users can create virtual servers (VS) with this new OS in both the vStack cloud and VMware cloud services. The release of this OS took place on June 10, 2023, bringing a series of updates.
The main points of the release are:
- Updated Linux kernel to version 6.1;
- Significantly improved performance of the BTRFS file system;
- Introduction of a new default audio server;
- Software updates for graphical environments, user and server applications, as well as development tools;
- Support for new versions of desktop environments;
- Introduction of a new desktop theme;
- Read/write support added for APFS (Apple File System);
- Inclusion of new fonts.
For a comprehensive list of updates, refer to the official Debian website's documentation. Support for Debian 12 will persist for 5 years.
Steps to create a server with Debian 12 OS in the Serverspace control panel: